• BioShield® 75 (4 gallons)
• GreenKleen 420 (1 gallon)
Covers 6,000 sq. ft. Protects up to 90 days or up to 1 year protection when applied with an electrostatic sprayer or fogger.
EnviroSystems® BioShield® 75 is our ready-to-use antimicrobial surface treatment. This product inhibits the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, algae, fungi, and yeast and under normal conditions will remain effective for up to 90 days. BioShield® 75 is registered for use as an antimicrobial under US EPA and FDA regulations to preserve food contact surfaces.
Based on patented technology, our EnviroSystems® BioShield® line of antimicrobial solutions offers an alternative to traditional sanitizers that stop working once they dry.
BioShield® technology is a revolutionary broad-spectrum antimicrobial that provides protection against a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, mold, mildew, algae, fungi, and yeast. Once dry, the BioShield® layer polymerizes onto the surface, leaving a microbiostatic layer that is effective for up to 90 days. BioShield®:
- Is registered for use as an antimicrobial under US EPA and FDA regulations to preserve food contact surfaces
- Microbiostatic action stays effective for up to 90 days
- May reduce the risk of shutdown or non-compliance
- Compliments standard cleaning regimens and may improve overall cleaning efficiency
- Inhibits typical harborage areas from microbial growth
- Works on porous and non-porous surfaces
- Is water-based, colorless, odorless
Clean the surface prior to BioShield® application:
Apply a general purpose cleaner/degreaser. We recommend EnviroSystems® 420-4 Green Kleen. Spray surface and allow to soak for 15 minutes, then wipe off using a clean, wet cloth. The surface should then be rinsed with clean water and allowed to thoroughly dry. This process will remove all cleaning product residues, leaving the surface properly prepared for the BioShield® application.
For environments requiring a sanitizer step, such as food service, food processing, hospital disinfection, etc., apply EnviroSystems® Sanitizer 440 at 5 oz:10 gallons of water (for food contact sanitizing) and 3.5 oz:5-gallons of water (for hospital disinfection) and allow a minimum of 10-minute contact time (do not rinse or wipe). Allow to dry. The surface must be dry before applying BioShield®.
Apply BioShield® for long lasting protection:
After ensuring all surfaces are thoroughly dry, apply a coating of BioShield® by spraying. Allow to dry, then apply a second coat. Once the treated surfaces are completely dry, BioShield® is active against microorganisms.
HOW DO I KNOW BIOSHIELD® IS BONDED TO THE SURFACE AND WORKING?
BioShield® is odorless, colorless, and undetectable by touch. Once it’s dry, you will not smell it, see it, or be able to feel it. This is a unique formula that covalently bonds with most surfaces. When applied to a dry surface, it only take minutes to polymerize. These polymer chains are very difficult to break, and that’s why BioShield® lasts months on the surface.
The most accurate way to test the durability of BioShield® is by environmental micro testing. We recommend swabbing your treated surfaces a minimum of every 30 days until micro results begin to show evidence of contamination.
Cleaning, Sanitizing and Protecting Protocol
- Clean and Sanitize frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to sanitizing.
- PROTECT surfaces to inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria.
1. REMOVE any loose debris and where applicable, wipe surface with damp rag.
2. CLEAN: Using EnviroSystems Green Kleen 420-4 (ready to use):
- Hold sprayer about eight inches from surface to be cleaned.
- Spray on and wipe it off! On extremely dirty surfaces, allow to penetrate and leave on surface for 2-3 minutes. Apply second spray if needed, and wipe.
- Wipe surface with clean, damp sponge or cloth.
- For removal of built-up, caked on grime, or for best results when cleaning rough irregular surfaces, spray on, agitate with brush, rinse and wipe.
3. SANITIZE: Using EnviroSystems Sanitizer 440 (EPA REG. NO. 1839-86-53053 — has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to 2019 novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard, non-porous surfaces. Therefore, this product can be used against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19, when used in accordance with the directions for use against Adenovirus Type 5 on hard, non-porous surfaces. Refer to the CDC website for additional information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Add 1/2 oz. of this product per 1 gallon of water (or equivalent dilution). Apply solution with a cloth, sponge, or hand pump trigger sprayer to wet all surfaces thoroughly. Allow the surface to remain wet for 10 minutes.
- Let dry
4. PROTECT: Using EnviroSystems BioShield 75:
- Using a trigger sprayer, spray the entire surface area 4”-6” from the surface making sure the surface is completely covered.
- Let stand until dry (5-10 minutes)
*Using the protocol as directed will be effective in killing and protecting against viruses.
BioShield® 75 Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)